Spirit of Ma'at: "Living Off the Grid" Vol 2 April 2002
Heat Pumps 101
by Carol Hiltner
- "Geothermal Heat Pumps Make Sense for Homeowners," U.S. Department of Energy:
- "Using a Heat Pump to Cool," AC Doctor: acdoctor.com/air_conditioning/heat_pumps.htm
- Wessner, Cecilia, editor. "How It Works: Ground-Source Heat Pump," Popular Science magazine, February 1996, p. 73: igshpa.okstate.edu/Technology/MoreInfo/PopularScience/How_It_Works.html
- Iowa Heat Pump Association: iaheatpump.org
- "Finance Fact Sheet," International Ground Source Heat Pump Association (IGSHPA): igshpa.okstate.edu/Technology/MoreInfo/FactSheet/FinanceFactSheet.htm
- Energy Ideas: energyideas.org/energy_solutions/res_details.cfm?resourceID=2006&keyword=heat%20pump
- Center for Excellence in Absorption Technology describes the physics of both compression and absorption systems in detail, including figures: rclsgi.eng.ohio-state.edu/~christ-r/ceat/theory/theory.html
- "Why Buy An Energy Efficient Heat Pump?" Department of Energy's Office of Codes and Standards Energy Efficient Appliances: eren.doe.gov/buildings/consumer_information/ heatpump/pumpwhy.html
- "Residential Heat Pump Water Heaters," U.S. Department of Energy Federal Technology Alert: pnl.gov/fta/3_res.htm
- See reference 4.
- "Tips for Buying a New Heat Pump," U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Codes and Standards Energy Efficient Appliances: eren.doe.gov/buildings/consumer_information/ heatpump/pumptips.html
- International Ground Source Heat Pump Association (IGSHPA): igshpa.okstate.edu
- See reference 4.
- "Do It Naturally!" International Ground Source Heat Pump Association (IGSHPA): igshpa.okstate.edu/Publications/Brochures/Do_It_Naturally/din.htm
- See reference 11.
- "Frequently Asked Questions," Iowa Heat Pump Association: iaheatpump.org/faq.html
- "Air-Source Heat Pumps," U.S. Department of Energy: eren.doe.gov/erec/factsheets/airheatpump.html
- See reference 2.
- See reference 5.
Table of Contents Top of Page